Pilates For Youth and Youth Exercise Training
Celeste specializes in teaching Pilates for the youth population – this means children 5 – 12 and adolescents 13- 18. Celeste believes that the principles that influenced the protocols for teaching Pilates to this population are the foundation for all exercise and sporting practice for Youth. This means that the guidelines based on physiology and development that are behind the protocols for the Pilates repertoire chosen for each respective age category of youth in the pre-pubescent, pubescent, and post-pubescent age groups are the basis for functional and foundational movement for any physical activity of these ages – whether day to day activity and play or structured elite sporting activity.
Celeste has been working with youth of all ages in both group and private settings for 10 years. With the publication of ‘Pilates for Children and Adolescents, a Manual of Guidelines and Curriculum’ that she directed and co-authored for the Pilates Method Alliance, she is eager to share her knowledge and expertise not only with Pilates teachers, but with all practitioners that work with the youth populations – in physical education, sports specific training, and physical therapy.
She offers workshops and trainings that are both general and specialty driven for the practitioner. These workshops and trainings will prepare the respective practitioner for the specific needs of the youth groups they work with and enable them to create foundational, safe, functional, and effective programming that enhances any program or practice.
- Book Now Available: ‘Pilates for Children and Adolescents’ – co-author of the first comprehensive training manual for safely teaching Pilates to the Youth population in alliance with the Pilates Method Alliance. To be released in March of 2014 by Handspring Publishing. The book may be purchased at the PMA shop by clicking here…
- Current and on-going teaching at Our Lady Queen of Peace school (K-8): since 2008 volunteering for 5 to 10 week programs added into the school curriculum for different grades.
- Private lessons at studio, Pilates Staten Island: specialized one-on-one lessons for youth. The students in this environment include, elite athletes and youth involved in specialized sports training, youth with post-rehabilitative needs, or special needs.
- Training program: Please visit www.pilatesyouthorganization.com for all training and workshop information.
- CEC Workshops:4 and 6 hour PMA approved CEC workshops for Pilates Teachers.
- Consulting – Skype/in person: This is individualized consulting and training for individuals looking to work with youth in whatever their environment. The work is tailored to the needs of the training client and their clientele.
- Fees are discussed based on programming and needs of clients.